RUNNING MAN RECREATION ASSOCIATION
Minutes of the General Membership Meeting
Running Man Clubhouse, March 11, 2010
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: Kathey Tapfer, RMRA President called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. Board members present were: Kathey Tapfer, Ron Jones, Nell Twiggs, Nancy Thompson, Karen Berardini, and Phil Jones. A total of 23 memberships were represented at the meeting, which included 11 members in attendance and 12 proxies. (See Attachment 1 - List of those present or represented at the March 11, 2010 RMRA general membership meeting.)
WELCOME: Kathey welcomed all attendees of the annual meeting and introduced and thanked the current board members.
- Approval of March 3, 2009 minutes.
- Summary of operations, accomplishments, and budget for 2009.
- Plans and proposed budget for 2010.
- Other business.
- Election of Officers.
- Closing remarks.
APPROVAL OF MARCH 3, 2009 MINUTES: The minutes from the March 3, 2009 annual general membership meeting were available in handouts and were posted on the RMRA website. A motion was made and seconded to accept the minutes of the 2009 annual general membership meeting as written. There was no discussion and the motion pass unanimously.
SUMMARY OF OPERATIONS, ACCOMPLISHMENTS, AND BUDGET FOR 2009:
- Review of events from 2009 included: Book Exchange, Easter Egg Hunt, Late Night Swims, Summer Party, 4th of July Parade, and Halloween Party.
- Memberships and Dues: Dues will remain the same and there are currently 239 memberships (down from 249 in 2009).
- Discussed ways of selling and buying memberships.
- Methods used by board to tighten the budget:
- Guest fees.
- Successful clubhouse rentals.
- Verizon tower rental.
- Areas of note:
- There are some overage in areas of the budget but it was more of an accounting issue of putting costs in correct category.
- Higher than usual utilities costs due to draining and refilling of pool (shouldn't have to do in the next couple of years).
- Taxes were higher due to onetime payment from Verizon which was taxed.
- $64k available to resurface then pool when necessary in the next few years.
- Questions asked:
- What is the action taken if a member doesn't pay dues? Answer: Membership is revoked.
- Is there any deferred maintenance? Answer: No, all refurbishments have been taken care of.
PLANS AND PROPOSED BUDGET FOR 2010:
- Will continue promoting Clubhouse rental.
- New furniture to be purchase includes table umbrellas and some pool chairs.
- Mortgage is now with Union Trust: the monthly payment will be a little less because of refinancing and two months of payments will not be made in 2010 because of the refinancing.
- Will continue with Clearwater Pool Management LLC.
- Pool hours will be changed: 12 noon - 8pm daily.
- Proposed budget for 2010 was discussed and a motion made and seconded to approve it as displayed in Attachment 2. The motion passed unanimously.
- There was no other business.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS:
- The slate for 2010 Board of Directors (recommended by the 2009 Board) was presented to the general membership. It included two new board members and six returning members.
- The ballots for the 2010 Board of Directors were collected and nominees shown below were elected unanimously (there were no write-in candidates.) The positions they have accepted are shown below.
2010 BOARD OF DIRECTORS AS ELECTED:
||Member at Large
||Swim Team Liaison
- Future endeavors include fundraising "Suppers for Shelters" as well as supporting different groups looking to meet at the clubhouse.
- There is a new website for RMRA: www.runningmanrec.com
- RMRA is in its 11th year and continues to improve.
- This is a volunteer organization and member participation is needed.
- Thank you for your help and support.
- With no further business to conduct the meeting was adjourned at 7:40pm.
Attachment 1 - List of those present or represented at the March 11, 2010 RMRA general membership meeting.
Attachment 2 - Year 2009 Actual Budget and Year 2010 Proposed Budget.
Return to RMRA Home Page