RUNNING MAN RECREATION ASSOCIATION
Minutes of the General Membership Meeting
Running Man Clubhouse, March 6, 2007
MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: Steve Mason, RMRA president, called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM at the RMRA Clubhouse. Board members present were Steve Mason (President), Dana King (Treasurer), Eric Hinson (General), Maryann Jacobson (Swim Team Liaison), Kathey Tapfer (Vice President). A total of 23 memberships were represented at the meeting, which included 12 members in attendance and 11 proxies. (See Attachment 1. - List of those present or represented at the March 6, 2007 RMRA general membership meeting.)
WELCOME: Steve welcomed all attendees to the annual meeting and introduced and thanked the current board members.
- Approval of March 7, 2006 minutes.
- Summary of operations, accomplishments, and budget for 2006.
- Plans and proposed budget for 2007.
- Discussion of long term maintenance plan.
- Other business?
- Election of Officers.
- Closing remarks.
APPROVAL OF MARCH 7, 2006 MINUTES: The minutes from the March 7, 2006 annual meeting were available in handouts and were posted on the RMRA website. A motion was made and seconded to accept the minutes of the 2006 annual meeting as written. There was no discussion and the motion passed unanimously.
SUMMARY OF OPERATIONS, ACCOMPLISHMENTS, AND BUDGET FOR 2006:
- Pool and guard operations contracted to Douglas Aquatics. Pool hours were 11am to 8pm daily with several night swims to 10pm.
- Swim team competed in the Red division of the GPSA. We had strong participation and placed third in the city meet out of twenty area teams.
- Slide valve repaired. Continued pool winter maintenance in light of great previous success.
- Continued successful landscape contract.
- Membership grew from 237 to 243 members.
- Researched major upcoming repair projects.
- Minimized expenses in 2006 in preparation for major pool repairs needed in 2007. Had end-of-year carryover of $10,474. See Attachment 2. - 2006 Actual Budget and 2007 Proposed Budget.
PLANS AND PROPOSED BUDGET FOR 2007:
- Pool operations remain with the previous pool management company, Douglas Aquatics.
- Pool hours remain the same: 11m to 8pm daily with periodic night swims on Saturday nights to 10pm.
- Refine pool check-in system.
- Create a social committee with Maryann Jacobson as coordinator.
- See Attachment 2. - 2006 Actual Budget and 2007 Proposed Budget. Proposed budget was discussed including the expected deficit due to repairs. The planned repairs for 2007 include replacing the filter manifolds with high quality butterfly valves, replacing the filter sand, and replacing the main pool pump motor. Questions regarding the new filters and pipe/pumps: Will there be a by-pass mechanism? Hank Mohrmann will discuss this with Douglas Aquatics who will be making repairs. Winter maintenance keeps pool clean during off-season and extends longevity of pool finish.
- Board recommended approval of the proposed budget. A motion was made and seconded to approve the 2007 RMRA proposed budget as presented and displayed in Attachment 2. The motion passed unanimously.
DISCUSSION OF LONG-TERM MAINTENANCE PLAN:
- See attachment 3.- Discussion of Long-term Maintenance Plan.
- Expected replacement of replastering pools will occur in next 3 to 5 years. Projected cost is $60,000. Expected life of new pool lining, with proper maintenance, is about 20 years.
- Mortgage will be paid off in 2015 and the budget income would increase at that point and other major repairs would be possible.
- Will dues have to increase to keep budget and reserve fund? No, but we need to manage the budget to add $5000 to $6000 to the reserve fund each year to be able to fund expected long term maintenance.
- Will Harrison & Lear be approached to buy more memberships with new development? They currently still have 20 memberships and will be encouraged to offer them to new homes being built.
- Should we obtain a second mortgage to finance pool replastering? We could do that if we did not have enough in the reserve account. It would be preferable to manage the growth of the reserve account to allow for expected and unexpected long-term maintenance.
- Need to project long-term expenses was discussed.
- There was no other business.
ELECTION OF OFFICERS:
- The slate for 2007 Board of Directors (recommended by the 2006 Board) was presented to the general membership. It included 3 new board members and 5 returning members.
- The ballots for the 2007 Board of Directors were collected and nominees shown below were elected unanimously (there were no write-in candidates). The positions they have accepted are also shown, as well as the year through which they serve (the bylaws state that directors serve staggered two-year terms).
2007 BOARD OF DIRECTORS AS ELECTED:
||Swim Team Liaison
- Our organization is seven years old and we continue to grow and remain strong.
- This is a volunteer organization - your participation is encouraged.
- Steve thanked Dan Murri, Rob Learn, and Hank Mohrmann for their continued help.
- Thank you to the outgoing Board.
- Thank you for your patience and support.
- With no further business to conduct the meeting was adjourned at 9pm.
Attachment 1. - List of those present or represented at the March 6, 2007 RMRA general membership meeting.
Attachment 2. - Year 2006 Actual Budget and Year 2007 Proposed Budget.
Attachment 3.- Discussion of Long-term Maintenance Plan.
Return to RMRA Home Page