Running Man Recreation Association
Minutes of the General Membership Meeting
Running Man Clubhouse, March 7, 2006
Meeting Called to Order: Beth Lee-Rausch, RMRA president, called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM at the RMRA Clubhouse. Board members present were Beth Lee-Rausch (President), Steve Mason (Vice-President), Nancy Thompson (Secretary), Paul Daspit (Treasurer), Jay Roberts (Membership), Melissa Sherman (Clubhouse Coordinator), and Matt Teasdale (RMCA Liaison, non-voting). Board members absent were Carl Wentzel (Pool Operations) and Maryann Jacobson (Swim Team Liaison). A total of 50 memberships were represented at the meeting, which included 30 members in attendance and 20 proxies. (See Attachment 1. - List of those present or represented at the March 7, 2006 RMRA general membership meeting.)
Welcome: Beth welcomed all attendees to the annual meeting and introduced and thanked the current board members.
- Approval of March 1, 2005 minutes.
- Summary of operations, accomplishments, and budget for 2005.
- Plans and proposed dues/budget for 2006.
- Other business?
- Election of Officers.
- Closing remarks.
Approval of March 1, 2005 Minutes: The minutes from the March 1, 2005 annual meeting were available in handouts and were posted on the RMRA website. A motion was made and seconded to accept the minutes of the 2005 annual meeting as written. There was no discussion and the motion passed unanimously.
Summary of Operations for 2005:
- Pool and lifeguard operations was contracted to AAA Pool Services. Pool hours were 11am to 8pm (every day) with several night swims to 10pm.
- The Swim team competed in the Red division of the GPSA. Had 127 swimmers (up from 116).
- Tile and grout repaired. New baby pool pump. Purchased new cabana shades. Initiated pool winter maintenance.
- Implemented new pool check-in system.
- Clubhouse interior painted. Spring and fall landscape clean-up days.
- Membership grew from 213 to 237 members.
2005 Budget: (See Attachment 2. - Year 2005 Actual Budget and Year 2006 Proposed Budget.)
- Income was about $3500 more than we expected. This is mostly due to membership dues from the new members, and additional clubhouse rental income. A question of allowing new members from outside Running Man was asked. The answer was no because of agreements with York County for tax exemption, and with the RM Homeowners Association and the builder who donated the land for the pool.
- Actual expenses were $2500 more than what was budgeted mainly due winter maintenance costs, unforeseen clubhouse and pool maintenance and repairs. Winter maintenance program was initiated to reduce wear on pool surfaces.
- The net result was that the association had a deficit of $3,377.27 in 2005.
- The end of year cash balance was $48,131.87.
- The end of year mortgage obligation was $183,785.85.
Plans for 2006:
- Pool operations to be provided by a pool management company, Douglas Aquatics. Douglas Aquatics can also provide swim lesson programs.
- Pool hours remaining the same- 11am to 8pm (every day) with periodic night swims on Saturday nights to 10pm.
- Some new/replacement pool furniture.
- Continue new pool check-in system.
- Replace clubhouse carpet. Paint exterior of clubhouse and pump house.
- Spring/fall clean-up days planned.
2006 Proposed Budget: (See Attachment 2. - Year 2005 Actual Budget and Year 2006 Proposed Budget.)
- The large increase in the Repairs/Maintenance clubhouse line is due to hiring of a Clubhouse Rental Coordinator. A question of why not use volunteers and have a committee to coordinated clubhouse rentals was asked. The answer was that a central point of contact is needed which would make working as a committee difficult. Other questions asked were why not raise rental fees and how about increased advertising? The answer was that the purpose of the clubhouse was for member convenience and was not intended to be a revenue generator.
- Why the increase in the mortgage payment line? Mortgage was refinanced.
- Board recommends increasing dues from $325 to $350 per year due by May 15. A motion was made to accept and second. The motion passed with two opposed and 28 (plus 20 members represented by proxy) in favor.
- Board recommends approval of the proposed budget. A motion was made and seconded to approve the 2006 RMRA proposed budget as presented and displayed in attachment 2. The motion passed unanimously.
- The floor was opened for any other business that should be addressed by the association.
- Question: How many "builder's" memberships are left and would the homeowners in Sugarberry be able to join. Beth did not know the number of builder's memberships left, would research it; and if Sugarberry was annexed by Running Man they would be able to join the RMRA.
- Question: Have we asked Douglas Aquatics to hire teens living in Running Man? Answer is yes.
- An update of the playground and fitness trail was given. The playground should be finished before school is out for the summer.
Election of Officers:
- The slate for 2006 Board of Directors (recommended by the 2005 Board) was presented to the general membership. It included 4 new board members and 4 returning members.
- The ballots for the 2006 Board of Directors were collected and nominees shown below were elected unanimously (there were no write in candidates). The positions they have accepted are also shown, as well as the year through which they serve (the bylaws state that directors serve staggered two-year terms).
2006 Board of Directors as Elected:
||Swim Team Liaison
- Our organization is six years old and we have improved tremendously.
- This is a volunteer organization - please help where you can.
- Beth thanked Dan Murri for his continued help with the RMRA.
- Thank you for your patience and support.
- With no further business to conduct the meeting was adjourned at 9:15pm.
Attachment 1. - List of those present or represented at the March 7, 2006 RMRA general membership meeting.
Attachment 2. - Year 2005 Actual Budget and Year 2006 Proposed Budget.
Return to RMRA Home Page