Running Man Recreation Association
Minutes of the General Membership Meeting
November 4, 1999
The Running Man Recreation Association (RMRA) general membership meeting was held at 7:30 PM, at Tabb Elementary School. Board members Rob Learn, Phil Comstock, Dan Murri, and Sue Stiff were on the agenda to make presentations to the members in attendance. Dorothy Frick was also present to discuss swim team activity.
1. Rob presented the agenda as follows:
2. Phil presented the current financial picture and the projected budget for the project. He showed :
3. Dan presented the membership committee report.
4. Sue discussed the landscaping project and requested volunteers to help pick-up the landscaping materials.
5. Dorothy Frick discussed swim team progress for the coming year. Overall its looking very favorable although there is a lot of work to be done to make the team a reality.
6. During open discussion the annual dues assessment from the June, 1999, meeting was brought up. Specifically the method in which it the dues assessment was passed. The members in attendance agreed they would like the RMRA Board of Directors to study ways to prevent a small faction from passing monetary motions when this might not reflect the wishes of the majority. There was concern that this might be possible under the current Bylaws which require just 35 members to establish a quorum which can then pass binding monetary legislation.
Mr. Comstock made a motion that the RMRA Board study the issue and bring back a recommendation at the next general membership meeting. This proposal was to include an examination of the current quorum requirement and Bylaws. The motion was seconded and passed.
7. There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:45 PM.
Mourad E. Amer
Return to RMRA Home Page